April 16, 2010

Vincent: Results&repair

A lot of the stuff I made was way to flimsy and not comfortable and sturdy enough to wear for a day at a con. I've planned a lot of changes, I've also ordered a pair of contact lenses. Dark red/orange with some black details on it. I hope they'll look alright but we'll see!

First of all the boots I made were completely destroyed by walking in them. I should have foreseen this, what a stupid thing to do. Oh well, trial and error. I'm going to make a version of that armor that is much more sturdy but at the cost of a bit of accuracy. Because of the way a real foot moves, as opposed to a foot in a game, you have to make certain adjustments.. But I'll think of a solution this weekend.

So far I'm really pleased with the results, and I have many things yet to perfect.

A picture of the finished claw. The armor on the back of the hand will be remade as it's not what I want it to be, the rest of it is good in my opinion. A fine piece of craftsmanship that took a lot of planning and effort

While there is a bunch of things left to do, that somewhat resembles Vincent so I'm satisfied. I'll work a lot on perfecting it but I'm proud of it, especially as it's my first costume.

Now to work on those boots again! I'm sure I'll find a way to sort it out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm a Vincent-lover >3< and someday I will make my own cosplay of him.
    But,today,I'm viewing this,your blog.
    And I have to say to you: congratulations!!
    Your cosplay is absolutely perfect!
    I really love it! ^^